Vegan Lunch Delight: Citrus Chickpea Quinoa Salad
Shannon Sullivan is a certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, creator of Your Balanced Lifestyle, web TV host, and producer of weekly videos that inspire healthy eating and living. She encourages women to eat more whole foods and create a healthy, positive mindset to find balance in their everyday lives. More info on her website: http://www.shannonhsullivan.com.
If you are looking for a tasty way to incorporate a vegan-friendly recipe into your Bentgo Salad lunchbox this week, health coach Shannon Sullivan has a fresh, protein-packed Citrus Chickpea Quinoa Salad you should try. She shares all the details for prepping and packing this delicious lunch to carry with you on-the-go in her latest “What I Eat in a Day” vlog. Check out the video and recipe below.
Citrus Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- Mixed greens
- ½ cup rinsed and drained chickpeas
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from one lime
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the package.
- Add the cooked quinoa and mixed greens to the bottom section of your Bentgo Salad container and toss to combine. Top with cilantro.
- Place the white sectioned part of the salad container on top of the greens and add the remaining ingredients to each section, saving the center container for the salad dressing.
- Whisk all of the salad dressing ingredients together in a bowl and transfer to the small container in the center and cover with the lid.
Win a Free Bentgo Salad – Two Days Left to Enter!
We've partnered with Shannon Sullivan to give one lucky winner a free Bentgo Salad this week. Enter by Wednesday, January 20 for your chance to win.