DIY: Shrimp Tacos
Nadia Aidi is the creator of Food My Muse and upcoming blog. She is a proud former restaurant chef-turned-holistic-health-coach and healthy recipe developer. Follow her Instagram for healthy ideas and inspiration.
Enjoy this super fresh, easy recipe to brighten your day.
Build your own shrimp tacos
PREP TIME: 5 MIN
COOK TIME: 20 MIN
TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
4 oz peeled shrimp
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ orange bell pepper
¼ cup red onion slices
½ cup Japanese sweet potato cubes
5 butter lettuce leaves
1 tbsp chopped scallions
1 tbsp salsa verde
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the sweet potato cubes for 5 min. Cover the skillet and let it keep cooking for 10 minutes.
2. In a separate skillet, sauté the onion and bell pepper for 5-7 minutes.
3. Season the shrimp with paprika, salt, and pepper.
4. In a pan, at high heat, brown the shrimp for about 2 min per side or until pink.
5. Mash the avocado really well in a bowl, squeeze the lime in it. Add the salsa verde and scallions. You will use this as your dressing.
6. Pack your lunch!
Need More Lunchtime Inspiration?